Monday, May 2, 2011

Ellerby signs: Panthers sign defenseman Ellerby to one-year, one-way deal - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Ellerby signs: Panthers sign defenseman Ellerby to one-year, one-way deal - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Ellerby gets 1 year, $850K contract. This type of deal is one where it will be up to Ellerby to show what he can do. It's one big tryout for his contract next year. But I think he can handle it. Ellerby signing at the $850k mark, which was his price from las contract, keeps the Panthers from denting their ginormous cap cushion.

The Panthers coaching search continues and will really get under way when GM Tallon returns on May 9.

Count Ken Hitchcock out of the running (if he was even ever considered, but I doubt it) as he looks to be coaching the Devils next year. Hitchcock would have been a disaster here. His old-school defensive scheme and inability to coach younger players does not fit in with Panthers mentality.

I am still undecided on who should be the next coach of the Cats. I would like to hear the names of the horses in running before I pick my horse, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?