Monday, November 15, 2010

A MUST READ!!! Campbell Corrupt?

Breaking news: Colin Campbell's integrity is in question with evidence. A lot of people have been feeling this way for a while but without much concrete proof it was nothing more than rumor. The original article has either been pulled (typical) or the site has had trouble handling the amount of massive traffic. But this Yahoo! article gives the jist of the accusations against Campbell with leaked private emails.  Namely the Cooke on Savard hit and non-suspension. Wonder how this will be handled. And to think he was this close to being GM of the Flyers.

Update here!


Contacted by TSN for his reaction, Campbell said: "For me, it's much ado about nothing. Stephen and I would have banter back and forth and Stephen knows I'm a (hockey) dad venting and both of us knowing it wouldn't go any further than that. Stephen would laugh at me. The game in question (when Gregory Campbell was penalized late in the Atlanta-Florida game) wasn't on TV and I was asking Stephen to find out for me if it was a soft call. That's all there ever was to it. The (refs) working that game are still in the league, aren't they? Stephen handled the officials, just like Terry Gregson does now, and I've got a lot of emails to those guys asking about this soft call or that soft call and that's in a lot of games. I'm not ultimately responsible for the (on-ice) officials, that's Terry Gregson's responsibility, but I have to answer to GMs on these calls."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?